At Domestika we are looking for an IT Business Manager.
Domestika is one of the largest growing creative communities within the creative industry. It all started as a small but dynamic showcase of creative professionals, designed to help them connect and learn from each other.
Years later, born from this core value, Domestika widened its reach by designing and producing online courses for anyone who wanted to learn and improve professionally with the best teachers. The community has grown to more than 5 million people who are constantly curious and passionate about learning new skills.
What does an IT Business Manager do at Domestika?
As part of the IT team, you will enable change in the company by defining and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders. You will allow Domestika to articulate needs and the rationale for change, and to design and describe solutions that deliver value.
- Promote excellence in business operations through technological tools that support internal processes.
- Collaborate with the IT Director in the creation and maintenance of the IT Strategy Plan, helping the different departments to identify their needs.
- Coordinate the implementation of the actions included in the IT Strategy Plan, involving when necessary both internal development teams and different external providers of solutions and services.
- Actively manage additional complexity arising from different cultures, languages, and regulations to ensure that IT projects and messages are tailored to local needs where necessary.
- Collaborate with the definition of the information security strategy and policies and ensure that they are aligned with business objectives.
- Partner with business for change management related to business process and technology changes.
- Market research to select applications with global scope to cover the different needs for supporting the business processes and operations.
- Participate in purchasing activities such as requirement analysis, RFPs preparation, scoring of proposals, and provider selection.
- Commitment to continuous improvement, innovation, and knowledge sharing of the daily IT business operations.
- Ensure that all outsourced work is aligned with the IT business operations and IT solutions architectural best practices, and follow up of the applications life cycle.
- Understanding the functional requests from the different departments in Domestika to support the business in their daily operations.
- Ensure that the application's ecosystem is scalable, reliable, secure, available, and manageable.
- Ensure that all employees have the technological tools they need for their work, optimizing costs, and promoting best practices.
- Understand IT trends in the market and be aware of technical and methodological innovations, suggesting the best use of them and complying with the IT strategy.
- Understand and promote the best architectural frameworks, technical standards, and key technologies, for optimal support of existing and future business requirements.
- Develop guidelines and procedures to achieve the business goals, showing an understanding of overall business objectives, and providing adequate governance of the key projects.
- Participate in assessments and service improvement programs regarding business applications and operations.
- Optimize and evolve the use of technology within the company, fostering the effectiveness and efficiency of the IT business operations.
- Good level of English and Spanish, both spoken and written.
- Strategic vision on the needs and possibilities of digitalization of business processes.
- Experience with agile and continuous improvement methodologies (Lean, Scrum, ITIL...).
- Good knowledge of application architecture frameworks.
- Experience in Enterprise Application solutions such as ERP, CRM, PMP, SCM, etc.
- Experience in managing and analyzing IT metrics to find root causes and develop improvement plans.
- Experience in assessing software applications requiring high scalability and performance.
- Coordination of multi-functional teams scattered around offshore locations.
- Used to co-create and collaborate with other departments in the company to execute with speed.
- Knowledge of cloud environments (public and private), along with relevant service models: IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS.
- API design and Enterprise Integration patterns: synchronous, asynchronous, batch, web services, etc.
- IAM technologies: OpenID, OAuth2, SSO, SAML, etc.
- Technical security knowledge to transfer security needs to the IT security area.
- Experience managing suppliers.
Would be a plus:
- Knowledge of AWS native services.
- High communication and negotiation skills, both with senior management and with development and operations teams.
- Big-picture business-driven perspective.
- Project Management skills.
- Passion for technology.
- Problem-solving and analytical capability.
- You have a hands-on attitude, and can be flexible when needed.
- You enjoy collaborating with others and share knowledge.
- You are curious and proactive.
- You are open-minded and interested in learning new things.
What do we offer?
- Working in one of the leading companies in the creative industry.
- A creative, dynamic, exciting, collaborative, and multicultural team.
- A fast-moving environment in which you can hone your skills, learn alongside your colleagues, and grow professionally.
- A fully remote position.
- An honest salary according to your experience and profile.