Our Story. It all began inside our Berkeley labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people consume and use on their bodies every day. We asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we developed a zero-calorie sweetener made from sugarcane, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment and we make sustainable ingredients that supply the Health & Wellness, Clean Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances industries.
Amyris is building out a software development hub in Lisbon to support our constantly growing internal infrastructure and consumer-facing e-commerce websites. For more information about Amyris and our brands, please visit our company page
Currently, we are looking for a front end developer to handle the work of programming the user interface and user interactions (UI layer) for our consumer facing ecommerce applications and sites (including websites, intranets, rich-media applications and content management systems).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are implementing a 100% work from home policy for all Amyris Lisbon personnel until the crisis passes. The safety of our people and their families is extremely important to us. We will see that existing staff and new hires are fully equipped and prepared for remote work. Our projects and hiring shall continue moving forward at full speed. We look forward to building a team of people who are skilled and confident enough to work remotely.
The front end developer will be in charge of crafting the user interface layer and interactions in a brand new 5-7 person team that contributes to a variety of projects and initiatives, including building new features, launching new products, and extending our core platform.
- Providing technical skills for creating and maintaining our brands user interfaces for web, and mobile
- Deep knowledge on creating responsive websites.
- Working directly with designers and developers to establish their design vision.
- Helping the Design and User Experience to provide outstanding media
- Maintaining up-to-date documentation of design solutions.
- Explaining potential opportunities and project risks to management.
- Assisting the managers for DUX (Design and User Experience), Professional Sales with project estimation (time/budget).
- Contributing to the development/evolution of the Design & User Experience team.
Please mention that you come from Remotely.rocks when applying for this job. Good luck ✌️