Carry1st is the leading publisher of mobile games in Africa. Founded in 2018, the company serves the world's fastest-growing mobile market with over 1 billion users. Carry1st unlocks distribution and monetization in the region with proprietary payments technology, social gaming expertise, and local capabilities. Last year, Carry1st had the #1 free-to-play game in Nigeria and Kenya (beating out Candy Crush!).
Now we’re looking to scale multiple titles to hundreds of millions of users across the globe. We are looking for a Founder's Associate to serve as the right-hand to the Founder/CEO of Carry1st, Cordel Robbin-Coker. You will work with the company’s leadership team, investors, and key partners – as well as flex across different functions on strategic projects.
In your first two months at Carry1st, you will...
- Prepare the company for a successful Series A with blue-chip VC firms and strategic investors
- Negotiate and execute multimillion dollar deals with game developers and distribution partners
- Recruit top global talent across product, engineering, marketing, and operations
What makes you a great candidate?
- A self-starter with the ability to execute on projects with little oversight and prioritize effectively
- Excellent executive level communication and storytelling skills (powerpoint, email, verbal)
- Strong analytical skills, confidence creating models and scrutinizing data using Excel, SQL, R, Tableau
- Interest in consumer technology, emerging markets / Africa, mobile games
- Exceptional knowledge of how to google things
What will we offer you?
- A unique opportunity to operate at the highest levels of business strategy and operations
- Ability to lead on high stakes projects across fundraising, product development, and partnerships
- Training and support to transition into a senior leadership at Carry1st or beyond
- Equity ownership
Carry1st is a remote-friendly company. We will either support your relocation to join our team in Cape Town (an emerging tech hub with an amazing quality of life) or you can work remotely. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!