GivingData is changing how philanthropy works
Philanthropists want to improve the world. That's why GivingData is helping foundations improve the way they work.
With GivingData's dashboards, workflows, and collaboration tools, foundations can streamline complex processes and transform how they work with their nonprofit partners. The end result is better grants management, healthier relationships, and increased impact.
We are seeking a Director of Business Development who's passionate about helping foundations adopt new technology to support their grantmaking. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup where you can grow into increasingly senior roles, while contributing meaningfully to our clients' success and engage with forward-thinking leaders in philanthropy.
As Director of Business Development, you'll be responsible for helping GivingData build a stellar team as our company continues to grow. You will be responsible for effective management of the team, including goals definition, planning, processes, recruiting, and skill development. You'll help promote a client-centered culture by maintaining innovative, product-led approaches that address client pain points and interests while meeting department goals. In addition, you will foster collaborative relationships with leaders of our Client Success and Product teams to support the sales function.
We're looking for someone who can:
- Play a key role in opportunity strategy, discovery conversations, presentation, demonstration, and sale of GivingData SaaS solutions.
- Define and implement strategies, processes, and tactics that support the achievement of team goals.
- Evaluate and implement sales tools and ensure appropriate adoption.
- Ensure sales metrics and other internal data are meticulously maintained in Hubspot, with reports and dashboards readily available to GivingData's leadership team. Surface valuable analysis and thoughtfully articulate insights, action items, considerations, etc.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvement where and when required.
- Oversee and guide one-on-one and team pipeline reviews, deal strategy sessions, meetings, and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement, goal attainment, and sales process adherence.
- Define and set sales goals, and manage other aspects of the team to help support the achievement of our business development and revenue goals.
- Create forward-looking departmental plans to support our future growth targets.
- Provide oversight, guidance, and accountability for the sales team, setting expectations for performance, and improving productivity and results. Create and implement processes and standards in support of team goal attainment.
- Manage team skill development and coaching for improved performance across the entire team.
- Work with leadership on recruiting, screening, and hiring team members, as needed, based on staffing plans.
- Define and oversee a successful onboarding process for new team members.
- 3-5 years of sales leadership experience, managing high-performing teams who achieved quota consistently.
- Previous experience building sales organizations from early-stage to at least $10m ARR.
- Knowledge and understanding of the SaaS software market, preferably in the nonprofit or public sector.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and a strong ability to demo product features and capabilities of greatest importance to clients.
- Highly motivated to thrive and work independently for a fast-growing company where all team members work remotely.
- Be willing to do what needs to be done to grow a business that is committed to social impact with high standards of ethics and professionalism.
Why join GivingData?
- A purpose-driven company with a goal to strengthen the work of social impact organizations
- The flexibility and autonomy of a remote work environment, regardless of your time zone
- Competitive compensation with bonus payouts tied to performance
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans and optional Health Savings Account
- 401k Plan with employer match up to 4%