Curri partners with the largest material distributors in the construction industry to deliver to their customers with unprecedented speed. Curri is a fast-paced, high growth startup bringing significant innovation to the industry we serve. If you are a financial mastermind excited to solve new problems and have a significant impact on a growing business, read on!
The Director of Finance will report to the CEO of Curri and will have oversight of all financial areas, including financial planning, budget management, forecasting, pricing and margin analysis, and reporting, and will help lead the development of financial management strategy while driving execution and advising leadership across a wide variety of functions. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter who is exceptionally organized and possesses great attention to detail. This individual thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Curri is based in Ventura, CA but our team primarily works remotely.
- Perform a variety of advanced financial analyses to drive business strategy
- Collaborate with management on development and execution of growth
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall business plan and strategic direction
- Manage the preparation and analysis of financial reports, strategic forecasts, cost trends, investor reporting, etc.
- Analyze the company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets and provide recommendations for improvement. Issue regular status reports and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Report to management on variances from the established budget and the key drivers for those variances
- Evaluate large vendor contracts with appropriate internal leadership teams. Additionally, provide financial analyses and assist with negotiations
- Collaborate on the development and execution of growth and acquisition opportunities
- Review product costing models to determine pricing methodologies
- Develop recommendations for improvement and cost savings activities
- Contribute to the management of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, including financial statements, KPIs, and metric dashboards
- Manage and build the finance team
Keys to Success
The person who will succeed in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in a senior FP&A finance role
- Experience exceeding goals in start-up environments
- Project budgeting, cost controls, and ROI experience preferred
- Proven knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, US GAAP and/or IFRS standards, tax laws, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Strong leadership presence and ability to influence decisions and work together across all levels of leadership, including executive leadership, investors and board members.
- Ability to efficiently handle ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
The ideal candidate has experience working in finance at an early stage startup. If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk!
Curri provides on-demand, last mile logistics for construction and adjacent industries with our nationwide fleet of cars, trucks, and flatbeds. Curri was founded in 2018 and was part of the YC S19 batch.